Living the life you envisioned first begins with you finding your vision.
What are you passionate about? What purpose to offerup to make the world a better place?
Sometimes, many people came face to face with all the things they don't want to do with their lives before they find out what they DO want to do.
It takes that pivotal moment, when you’re able to sit back and realize that you’re going through the motions versus pursuing the things that make you come alive, to make you deep dive headfirst in your purpose.
So how do you identify your vision? How do you really know what your purpose is?
Let’s walk through some tips below:
- Self Reflection is key.
Take the time to know yourself as a starting point. Really dig deep on questioning yourself by isolating yourself; turn off electronics, put your phone on silent and really zone out and tune into your wants and needs.
Here are some examples of good questions to ask yourself:
- What work do I find absorbing, engaging and rewarding?
- What would my ideal day look like?
- I’m excited about…..
- How will what I do daily enable me to live my dreams?
- If I could do anything I wanted to do I would do…..
- If someone were to describe me to someone else, what words would I want them to use?
- Vision Boards/Goal Setting
Now that you’ve self reflected, and identified the start of your vision, take all that self research and put it somewhere you can see it and embody it daily. Create a vision board, write out goals, journal whatever it is you need to do to see all of your thoughts cultivated in one space.
This is the hardest step but the most rewarding. Take action on your dreams and have the courage to chase your vision. The only thing standing in your way is fear and most of the time, that fear is of failing. Failure is only a loss if you don’t learn anything. Ask any person in true pursuit of their passion and they will tell you that they have made mistakes. The point is that they’ve learned from them. They kept chasing their vision.
Here are some tips for action:
- Refer back to your vision board consistently. Keep the vision forefront.
- Surround yourself with people who push you and remain positive reinforcements to your success.
- Hold yourself accountable
- Self reflect consistently
- Repeat steps 1-3 over and over. Dream chasing is a JOURNEY!
We all have a vision and purpose inside of us and it takes time to cultivate it by tuning out the outside noise and dialing into what matters most: ourselves. Take that time and you won’t regret it!